Mindfulness At Work Teacher Training Overview
WorkplaceMT mindfulness teacher training developed specifically for those who will be delivering mindfulness at work. We offer mindfulness teacher trainer training and mindfulness supervision for those experienced in teaching mindfulness who wish to adapt it for the workplace and those with workplace experience who wish to develop the skills to teach mindfulness.
Uniquely, TME’S foundation Train the Trainer program is now recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). This demonstrates that our mindfulness trainer training meets the highest level of development benchmarked against management and leadership National Occupational Standards. CMI describe our program as follows:
“WorkplaceMT Mindfulness teacher training program is “A business focussed professional development for those wishing to market, adapt and deliver mindfulness training to meet organisational and individual needs”… “The programme gives delegates an excellent grounding in training skills, with a particular emphasis on mindfulness principles, as well as an approach to tailoring and marketing their programme as an internal or external consultant”.
Jane Fallon, External Moderator and Mapper, Chartered Management Institute (CMI) July 2017
Benefits of attending a CMI recognised programme
- CMI stamp of approval – a management and leadership quality standard recognised and respected by organisations in the UK and abroad
- An enhanced learner experience with 12 months free CMI membership upon successful completion of the course, and access to CMI membership benefits
- including access to ManagementDirect, the Achieve mentoring programme, and CMI Networking opportunities at events
Mindfulness At Work Teacher Training Pre-Requisites
Applications to attend WorkplaceMT trainer training are open to those who have previously attended mindfulness training as a participant, have experience in the workplace, and have established their own mindfulness practice.
The WorkplaceMT Mindfulness Teacher Training Programme
- Step 1: Develop your own mindfulness practice
- Step 2: Complete the pre-training study requirements
- Step 3: Attend TME’s Mindfulness teacher training
- Step 4: Free listing on the TME website as a mindfulness trainer (provided with WorkplaceMT training materials for your personal use)
Verification Of Teaching Skills
Verification of mindfulness at work teaching skills is optional for our workplace mindfulness trainers, but highly recommended in line with the UK Good Practice Guidelines.
Having attended the 7 day teacher training intensive:
- Step 1: Deliver 2 or more full WorkplaceMT mindfulness at work programmes*
- Step 2: Gather testimonials from participants, and evidence of performance
- Step 3: Verify your mindfulness teaching skills by successfully completing our Advanced mindfulness teacher training 3 day course OR assessment via our Professional Discussion route OR complete Level 2 teacher training assessment via recognised MBSR or MBCT accredited training providers
- Step 4: Free listing on the WorkplaceMT website as a Verified Mindfulness trainer
Our Mindfulness Teacher Training Includes
- 72 hours of study with mindfulness at work specialists Marina Grazier and Juliet Adams
- The opportunity to learn and practice in small groups. To ensure our learning is effective, we restrict our groups to a maximum of 8 each programme. This enables plenty of time to ask questions, gain 1:1 guidance and practice teaching mindfulness in supportive groups of 4 or less.
- The opportunity to develop your mindfulness practice further – 10 hours of silent practice based on a daily theme
- the opportunity to observe the delivery of a WorkplaceMT 60 course, discuss each session’s structure, rationale, and key learning points.
- Taught input on the underpinning theory input on all the key mindfulness techniques you will be teaching
- Key aspects such as working with research, marketing, and making the business case are discussed throughout the week
- A luxury retreat environment – staying in beautiful Symondsdown House in Devon, 2.5 hours by train from London
- Time for a little fun and relaxation. We work you hard but always include time for a mindful walk on Lyme Regis beach, a meal in a Devon 17th Century pub and a trip to River Cottage Canteen to sample celebrity chief Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s tasty cuisine
- 12 months free CMI membership upon successful completion of the programme
Contact Marina Grazier for further information and to discuss if this course is right for you.